Hello, my name is Tom Bombaci, Jr. I am the volunteer coordinator for the Cíbola County component of the NMGenWeb Project. I welcome all suggestions and assistance.
The purpose of these pages is to provide a starting place for those who are researching their genealogical roots in this county. I have assembled some pages and links to get you started. If you know of others, please email me. Thanks!
- McKinley County - north
- Sandoval County - northeast
- Bernalillo County - east
- Valencia County - east
- Socorro County - southeast
- Catron County - south
- Apache County, Arizona - west
- Cibola National Forest (part)
- El Malpais National Conservation Area
- El Malpais National Monument
- El Morro National Monument
Large Diameter Drill bit used in mining operations in the Grants area. Seen at the Chamber of Commerce building in Grants.
Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) engine 5245 near Grants. The railroad has had a major part in local history. Nobody has every given me a satisfactory answer for why the trains run "English style" on the tracks: on the left side.